Web Guard is a free service that you can use to help restrict adult content from being seen or accessed by family members under 18 years old.
If you're the Primary Account Holder (PAH), or someone authorized by the PAH to make changes to your account, then you can add or remove Web Guard by following the steps below. (For information about what a Primary Account Holder is and how to authorize permissions, see Set up My T-Mobile permissions.)
Web Guard helps block or filter web page content, but it won't block everything. It won't block user-generated content such as instant messaging (IM), email, and text messages. It also won’t block secured web traffic (i.e., from URLs that start with https), because encryption prevents Web Guard from seeing the content of those websites. The filter is not available on all devices, it might not work at certain times or in certain locations, and it doesn't work with downloaded, third-party web browsers.
If you'd like to block or unblock certain content, email your request—including the website address—to email@example.com.
Requests are reviewed by a third-party vendor that maintains a list of blocked URLs for our Web Guard feature. We can't comment on specific content concerns, but we do forward all customer feedback to the vendor, who reviews and evaluates the requests. At this time, there's no procedure to provide specific feedback about your concerns.
Only the Primary Account Holder (PAH), or someone authorized by the PAH, can add or remove Web Guard.
From your mobile device with the T-Mobile app:
- Open the app. You may need to log in to your account using your T-Mobile ID and password. If you don't have the app, download it now.
- Tap the menu (which looks like three stacked lines) in the upper-left corner.
- Tap PROFILE SETTINGS.
- Scroll to and tap FAMILY CONTROLS.
- If you have multiple lines on your account, tap the down arrow and select the line you want to make changes to.
- Next to Web content filter, tap the drop-down menu and select a filter. You can also tap View filter levels to see what each filter does.
Note: If you want to turn off Web Guard for this line on your account, select No restrictions in the drop-down.
From a computer:
- Go to My T-Mobile and log in to your account using your T-Mobile ID and password.
- Access the PROFILE menu in the top-right corner.
- In the left menu, select Family Controls.
- If you have multiple lines on your account, tap the down arrow next to the line showing, and then select the line you want to make changes to.
- In the WEB GUARD section, next to Web content filter, select Edit.
- Select a Web content filter. You can also tap View filter levels to see what each filter does.
Note: If you want to turn off Web Guard for this line on your account, select No restrictions.
- Click SAVE.
- Web Guard isn't foolproof and shouldn't be a substitute for parents or other account holders taking steps to monitor access to content.
- If you're seeing an "Access Denied" error when trying to open certain web pages, Web Guard might be active on your line. Contact the Primary Account Holder to check the Web Guard settings.
- Web Guard prevents access to adult web content only when your device is connected to T-Mobile’s cellular network. Web Guard doesn't restrict content when you're browsing over Wi-Fi or accessing content via an application.