The Samsung Reactivation Lock feature makes it difficult for anyone else to use or sell your Samsung device if you lose it. When you enable Reactivation Lock on your device, your Samsung Account ID and password associated with your Samsung Account are securely stored on Samsung servers and linked to your device.
With Reactivation Lock enabled, your Samsung Account ID and password are required before anyone can reset your device. This feature can help you keep your device secure, even if it's in the wrong hands. You can improve your chances of recovering the device using the Samsung Find My Mobile site, and even erase your device remotely and still prevent from reactivating it without your permission. All you need to do is keep Reactivation Lock turned on and remember your Samsung Account ID and password.
Reactivation Lock has the following requirements:
- A Samsung account
- A supported device (see Samsung's website for more information)
- Reactivation Lock turned on in Settings > Security
Note: You need a second device or computer to use Find My Mobile to locate or secure a device.
Returning or exchanging with Reactivation Lock active doesn't void your warranty. Just remember to always turn off Reactivation Lock and erase your device before selling or giving it away to ensure the new owner can activate and use the device.
The owner of the Samsung account associated with the device is the only person who can disable Reactivation Lock on that device.
To disable Reactivation Lock:
- Erase all content and settings on the device. For more informatoin, see the how-to guides for your device on the Devices page.
- Use a computer to erase your device remotely and remove it from your account:
- In a web browser, visit http://findmymobile.samsung.com/ and log in with your Samsung Account ID.
- Click Wipe my device.
- Click Erase device.
- When the device has been erased, click Remove from Account.
- Note: You can also use this procedure for devices that won't power on.
Samsung Reactivation Lock is fully supported by Samsung. Please contact Samsung with any questions about the service or issues with the Samsung Account ID or password.