Device anti-theft functionality is a smartphone feature that secures your device against anyone else trying to use or sell your smartphone without the proper credentials. The anti-theft software will be included with some existing and new models of smartphones manufactured after July 2015.
Anti-theft functionality helps you keep your device secure, even if it is in the wrong hands, and will increase your chances of getting it back.
When using the anti-theft software you can:
- Locate your phone from any computer
- Lock and restrict access to your phone
- Wipe sensitive data from your phone
- Make your phone emit a loud sound so you can find it (FYI it's probably in the couch)
- Require a password to use any reset options
Phone specific software
Anti-theft software and features vary depending on the your phone's platform or manufacturer. For more specific information and available features, see: