Data Stash is only available for select plans that were previously offered, such as Simple Choice, and lets you roll forward your unused 4G LTE data – up to 20 GB worth in most cases – into the next month at no additional cost.
On this page:
- Every month, any left-over high-speed data is automatically placed into your Data Stash (up to a limit of 20 GB for most customers).
- Once you use up your included plan high-speed data, you'll automatically use your oldest stashed data first.
- You'll receive a text message letting you know how much Data Stash is available.
- Once that is used up, you still have Internet access at a reduced speed.
Traveling in Canada and Mexico
If you're traveling in Mexico and Canada, you won't be able to use your Data Stash. However you can still accrue Data Stash from your unused data.
You'll never be charged overages for going over your data bucket. The next time there’s a month when you have unused high-speed data, that data will roll into the next month and into your Data Stash.
- Data Stash is eligible to Simple Choice, Simple Choice with No Credit Check, or Simple Choice Prepaid (with 6 GB or 10 GB of 4G LTE data or more).
- Data Stash is available and automatically active on each line of an eligible plan.
- Unlimited data plans are not eligible for Data Stash since the plan is already unlimited.
- Check via text messages: If you use up your allotment of data, you'll automatically start using your stashed data and receive a text messaging letting you know how much Data Stash data is available.
- To see how much data you've been using, you can check your usage.
- If you want to know exactly how much data you have stashed, you can contact T-Mobile Customer Service to check your balance.
- Stop worrying about data limits and make the switch to Magenta where you'll get unlimited talk, unlimited text, and unlimited 4G LTE data on your device. Learn more about Magenta.
- If you're looking to change the amount of data for your current plan and see the different price options, follow add or remove services.
The information listed above covers the Data Stash experience on most eligible Simple Choice plans, so your Data Stash may be different.
- If you’re still on an older plan and are looking for more data, you can sign up for Magenta, where you don't have to worry about how much data you're using. Learn how to change your plan.
- Use the T-Mobile app (from a phone) to see what your plan includes or log in to My T-Mobile for more information about your plan.
- If you change the amount of 4G LTE data on your plan within the 6 GB to 10 GB range, you won't lose any stashed data, as long as you haven't reached your cap.
- For example, if you have 10 GB on a Simple Choice plan and you move down to 6 GB, you won't lose any stashed data. But, if you change from 6 GB to Unlimited 4G LTE on your smartphone, or from 6 GB to 2 GB, your stashed data will not be saved.
On all T-Mobile plans, during congestion, the small fraction of customers using >50 GB/mo. may notice reduced speeds until next bill cycle due to data prioritization. Video typically streams at DVD quality (480p or better).