Learn how to use the Mobile Device Unlock code of the Apple iPhone 3GS.
SIM unlock phone
The Mobile Device Unlock code allows the device to use a SIM card from another wireless carrier. This may be necessary when traveling internationally. To enter the Mobile Device Unlock code, follow these steps:
Important: Stop if you receive an error message. The device may lock permanently if you enter the incorrect code multiple times.
- See if your phone is eligible to unlock: Mobile Wireless Device Unlocking.
- Contact Customer Care to request the Mobile Device Unlock code for your phone.
- Ensure you have received the Mobile Device Unlock email and followed the instructions.
- If available, insert the non-T-Mobile SIM card into your device.
- Connect your device to a computer running iTunes.
- Complete a backup of the device information.
- Disconnect the iPhone from the computer.
- Complete a master reset using the Erase All Content and Settings option.
- Once the master reset has completed, reconnect the iPhone to the computer.
- Note: Do NOT complete the initial setup process prior to plugging the device in.
- When successfully unlocked, the message Congratulations, your iPhone has been unlocked will appear.
- Note: It may take a few minutes for this message to appear.