Learn how to use the setup wizard on the Apple iPhone 3GS.
Prepare the battery and SIM card
The battery and SIM card are pre-inserted into the device. No additional steps are required.
After turning on your device the first time, you may see a setup wizard to help you set up your device. To do this initial setup, follow these steps:
- Power on the device.
- Slide the bar to the right to begin.
- Select your language from the list and tap the next arrow at the top right.
- Select your country / region from the list and tap Next.
- Choose a Wi-Fi network and, if prompted, the password then tap Join.
- If Wi-Fi is not available, tap Use Cellular Connection.
- Choose to enable or disable location services and tap Next.
- Choose one of the following and tap Next:
- Set Up as New iPhone
- Restore from iCloud Backup
- Restore from iTunes Backup.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to create / sign into an Apple ID, sign into iCloud, or connect to your computer.