Learn how to share your mobile data connection over a USB cable using the Motorola Moto X.
Connection icons for tethering
When your device is sharing the mobile internet connection, refer to the following:
|Tethering via USB is turned on|
Drivers for computers
To download and install drivers for a Windows computer, follow these steps:
- Connect the supplied USB cable into the device and then your Windows computer.
- When the device has been plugged in for the first time, the computer will ask to install the drivers, click Ok to continue.
- If the drivers do not automatically install, click here.
Tethering via USB
To connect the device internet to a computer via USB cable, follow these steps:
- After installing the USB drivers, drag down the Notifications bar.
- Tap USB connection notification.
- Tap Mass Storage.
- Your data connection is now being shared.