Learn how to wipe the T-Mobile myTouch 3G through the hardware keys.
Wipe cache partition
If the phone is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the phone storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:
- If the phone is plugged into the charger or USB cable, unplug it.
- Turn off the device. Note: If the device is unresponsive and does not turn off, remove and then reinsert the battery.
- Press and hold the Home key and the Power key for at least 25 seconds, even if the startup screen appears.
- Release the keys when you see a black screen with a warning sign.
- Hold the Home key and press Power key again.
- When the Android system recovery utility appears, use the trackball to scroll down to Wipe cache partition.
- Press the trackball to select.
- Once the device finished the data wipe, select reboot system now.