Learn how to view free space and free up storage on the T-Mobile myTouch 3G.
To manage the internal storage space, follow these steps:
Keep managing any applications that you install to keep the system running properly:
- If you notice the device having some problems and you installed apps in the past few days, then uninstall all the new apps.
- Keep your apps updated. Open the Play Store while you have a data connection, and it will check for updates.
- Read reviews of your apps in the Play Store. Not all apps work well with all phones. Read the customer reviews to see if other people complain about the app not working.
- Manage or remove apps that run in the background. Background apps use up device resources.
- Restart the phone.
- In Settings, go to Apps or Application manager, and then Running.
- Examine the list of apps running in the background. View applications that are running in memory, and either:
- Uninstall the third-party apps
- Clear cache and data
View free storage space
To view the amount of free internal storage, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch and slide the menu upward and touch SD card & device storage.
- Under Internal Device Storage, view Available space.