Learn how to use Text to speech (which reads your messages out loud) on the T-Mobile myTouch 3G.
Set up & turn on
To set up and use Text to speech, follow these steps:
Note: If you are using Text to speech in English, this language is already installed and available to use.
- Touch a text field to display the on-screen keyboard.
- Tap the Microphone icon on the keyboard.
- Talk into device.
Note: For the Speech to Text option on the myTouch 1.2 running 2.2.1, if the keyboard does not show the microphone icon, hold the 123 button (lower left corner of keyboard) and select Input Method, then Speech.
Text to speech reads messages out loud, allowing you to listen to text or messages instead of reading them. To change Text-to-speech settings, follow these steps:
- From the home screen, press Menu. Touch Settings.
- Scroll down and touch Text to Speech.
- Touch Text-to-Speech
- Adjust settings.
- Select Always use my settings to save the settings.