The Motorola DEFY water resistant and dust proof design stands up to rain, spilled drink, drop in the sand and other every day mishaps.
To ensure maximum resilience to liquid and dust, the headset and charging grommets must be fully engaged.
If your DEFY inadvertently comes into contact with liquid, then follow the steps below:
- Dry off all liquid from the phone with a dry cloth.
- Shake any excess liquid from the entire phone, especially the display, speaker and microphone ports.
- Allow your phone to air-dry for at least 2 hours before using it again.
Some examples of common mishaps that the DEFY can withstand:
- Spilled drink (water, coffee, milk, tea, etc) on the phone.
- A quick drop in a shallow rain puddle, the toilet, or the sink while washing dishes.
- A fall into sand at the beach, dirt pile, or flour bowl.
Liquid (non-corrosive, i.e. no cleaners): water, snow, coffee, tea, milk, juice, liquor
Dust: sand, dust, sugar, salt, flour, soil
Warning! The Water Resistance feature does not guarantee protection against the usage of this device under the water. Do not use the handset in water. The DEFY is not water proof.