Learn how to use the task manager and free up memory on the Samsung Dart.
To manage the internal memory, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Power key.
- Touch Restart (if available) or Power Off.
- If necessary, press the Power key to turn the device back on.
Reduce memory use
Prevent the memory from being filled as quickly:
- If the device is slow, remove the widgets from Home screens (especially ones that update with information or have animation).
- If you are using live wallpaper and the device is slow, turn off the live wallpaper.
- Remove all unused Home screens:
- Pinch the Home screen.
- On the grid of Home screens, drag unused screens to the trash.
Note: These things can both drain your battery faster and make your device run slower, or cause crashes in all apps.
Keep managing any applications that you install to keep the system running properly:
- If you notice the device having some problems and you installed apps in the past few days, then uninstall all the new apps.
- Keep your apps updated. Open the Play Store while you have a data connection, and it will check for updates.
- Read reviews of your apps in the Play Store. Not all apps work well with all phones. Read the customer reviews to see if other people complain about the app not working.
- Manage or remove apps that run in the background. Background apps use up device resources.
A task manager can view running apps and close them. To use the task manager, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap the Applications icon.
- Scroll to and tap Task Manager.
View free memory
To view the amount of free internal memory, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, press Menu.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch Applications.
- Touch Manage Applications.
- Touch Running services.
- Free internal memory will display at the bottom of the screen