Learn how to master reset the Samsung Galaxy Gear through the menu or hardware keys.
Master reset from settings menu
A master reset restores the original factory settings and may delete your personal data on the internal storage, such as downloads, ringtones, images, apps, contacts, and Visual Voicemail. It does not delete data stored on the SIM card or SD card.
To perform a master reset, follow these steps:
- Back up all data on the internal memory.
- From the Home screen, swipe to the left or right until you land on Settings.
- Tap the screen to access.
- Tap Reset.
- Tap OK to confirm.
Master reset with hardware keys
To reset using the hardware keys, follow these steps:
- Verify Galaxy Gear is turned off.
- Press and hold the Power key until you see the Galaxy Gear rebooting screen.
- Release the Power key, then continuously tap the Power key until you see the Reboot Select Mode screen.
- Tap the Power key to highlight Recovery.
- Long press (up to 6 seconds) to select it. The device will restart.