Learn how to view free space and free up storage on the Samsung Dart.
To manage the internal storage space, follow these steps:
Clear storage regularly
Clear the storage at least once a week:
Note: Refer to your user manual for instructions.
- Delete unnecessary text messages (SMS) and picture messages (MMS).
- Transfer pictures and media to a computer, and remove it from the phone memory.
- Clear the browser cache, cookies, or history.
- Clear Facebook app cache.
- Manage applications. See section below.
- Delete the call logs.
Set the device to manage some memory
Prevent the storage from being filled as quickly:
- Set the text message limit to delete messages automatically.
Note: The default is 200 text and 20 picture messages. You may use this setting to start with, and decrease it if you continue to have problems.
- Change the setting for email synchronization to download only for the past three days.
Keep managing any applications that you install to keep the system running properly:
- If you notice the device having some problems and you installed apps in the past few days, then uninstall all the new apps. Most device problems are actually caused by app errors.
- View other applications that are using storage or memory:
- When in Manage Applications settings, press Menu. Some devices may require you select All first to view all applications.
- Touch Sort by size.
- For apps that take up a lot of space, clear the application cache and data.
- For apps that continue to use a lot of your storage space, uninstall them by touching the app name, then Uninstall.
View free storage space
To view the amount of free internal storage, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap SD card and phone storage.
- Under Internal phone storage, view the Available space.