Learn how to share your mobile data connection over a USB cable using the Apple iPhone 3GS.
Connection icons for tethering
When your device is sharing the mobile internet connection, refer to the following:
|Tethering via USB is turned on|
Drivers for computers
To download and install device drivers for computers, follow these steps:
- Download and install the latest version of iTunes.
Tethering via USB
To connect the device internet to a computer via USB cable, follow these steps:
- Turn on the Personal Hotspot.
- If prompted, tap USB Only.
- Connect your device to the computer using the USB cable.
- The device will automatically begin tethering after syncing is complete.