Learn how to view free space and free up storage on the LG GS170.
To manage the internal storage space, follow these steps:
Clear storage regularly
Note: Clear storage at least once per week.
- Check the available internal device storage (see 'View free storage space' below).
It must be over 150 MB for your device. The Android system cannot work properly if the internal device storage is below 150 MB. If under 150 MB, use the following tips to clear more storage:
- Delete unnecessary text messages (SMS) and picture messages (MMS).
- Transfer pictures and media to a computer to remove them from the phone memory.
- Clear the browser cache, cookies, or history.
- Delete the call logs.
View free storage space
To view the amount of free internal storage, follow these steps:
- From the main screen, select Menu.
- Scroll to and select Settings.
- Scroll to and select Memory Manager.
- Scroll to and select Handset common memory.
- View Images or Sounds.