Learn how to share your mobile data connection over a USB cable using the Kyocera HydroXTRM.
Connection icons for tethering
When your device is sharing the mobile internet connection, refer to the following:
Drivers for computers
To download and install device drivers for computers, follow these steps:
Your phone can share its mobile data connection with asingle computer over a USB cable.
Tethering works with Windows 7, Windows XP,Windows Vista, Mac OS X, and Linux. For more information abouttethering and operating systems, visit www.android.com/tether.
For Windows XP, you must have the appropriate driver installedon your computer before you can tether. To learn more, go to www.android.com/tether.
Note: When you connect your phone to a computer with a USB cable, you can either tether or access files on the phone’s memory card, you cannot do both. If you want to use your computer to access the memory card, you must turn off tethering.
Tethering via USB
To connect the device internet to a computer via USB cable, follow these steps:
Note: USB tethering is not supported on Mac OS.
- Connect a USB cable to your phone, then to a computer.
- A USB icon will appear at the top of the screen and the notification Connected as a media device or Connected as a camera appears briefly at the top of the screen.
- From any home screen, tap the All appsicon.
- Tap Settings.
- Under Wireless & networks, tap More.
- Tap Tethering & portable hotspot.
- Tap the USB tethering check box.
- Your computer is now sharing your device's data connection.
- When done, safely disconnect the device from the computer.