Learn how to use voice commands on the HTC Wildfire S.
Open an app
We’re sorry, but this feature is not available on your device.
Voice dial a contact
To use voice dialing to call a contact, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap the Applications icon.
- If necessary, tap the All apps icon located in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Scroll to and tap VoiceSearch.
- Speak your command. Example: Speak the phrase, “Call John Smith.”
- Confirm your selection. If you said a name that has more than one match in Contacts, or if you stored more than one number for the contact, the phone will prompt you to make the appropriate selection.
Write a text message (SMS) with voice
To write and send a text message (SMS) using voice commands, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, tap Messages.
- Tap Compose.
- Tap on the To field to bring up the keyboard.
- Type the name of the contact, or press the Microphone button to say the name.
- Tap on the Text entry box.
- Tap the Microphone on the keyboard.
- Speak the message you would like to send.
- Tap Send.