Learn how to share your mobile data connection over a USB cable using the HTC Wildfire S.
Connection icons for tethering
When your device is sharing the mobile internet connection, refer to the following:
|Tethering via USB is turned on|
Drivers for computers
To download and install device drivers for computers, follow these steps:
For Windows computers, you may need to install the HTC driver before you can tether. To install the driver, download it from: http://www.htc.com/us/support/wildfires-tmobile/downloads/.
Tethering via USB
To connect the device internet to a computer via USB cable, follow these steps:
- Install the tethering drivers (above) if necessary.
- Connect your USB cable to your computer and then to your phone.
- On your phone, a pop up window appears.
- Tap USB tethering.
- Tap Done.
- Select one of the following options:
- Mac OS X
- If prompted on a Windows XP computer, click Next to install the driver software viathe Found New Hardware Wizard. If necessary, click Browse and navigate to MyComputer or My Documents, then click Next.
- If prompted on a Mac OS X computer, click Network Preferences to set up the Android phone network interface. Click Apply.
- Your phone is now sharing its mobile network data connection with your computer over the USB cable.
- When finished, disable tethering and then safely disconnect the phone from the computer.