Learn how to share your mobile internet with other devices using the HTC Wildfire S.
Connection icon for mobile hotspot
When your device is sharing the mobile internet connection, refer to the following:
|Mobile hotspot via Wi-Fi is turned on|
Set up mobile hotspot
To set up or configure a mobile hotspot over Wi-Fi, follow these steps:
Note: Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot settings cannot be changed when Wi-Fi sharing is turned on.
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Wireless & networks.
- Tap Portable Wi-Fi hotspot settings.
- If desired, enter a new Router Name (SSID).
- Note: If necessary, tap Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot to clear and turn off the feature. Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot settings cannot be changed when the feature is turned on.
- If desired, tap the security drop-down box and select from the following options:
- WEP (128)
- WPA (TKIP)
- WPA2 (AES)
- If desired, enter a new password.
- If desired, tap Manage users to change the number of users who can connect to the Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot at one time.
- When finished, tap the Back key.