Learn how to share your mobile data connection over a USB cable using the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.
Connection icons for tethering
When your device is sharing the mobile internet connection, refer to the following:
|Tethering via USB is turned on|
Drivers for computers
To download and install drivers for a Windows computer, follow these steps:
- On your computer, open the webpage http://samsung.com/kies.
- Click Download for Windows.
- Follow the prompts to download and install the drivers.
Tethering via USB
To share your mobile data connection with a computer over a USB cable, follow these steps:
Download and install Samsung Kies 2.0
- Open a web browser on the computer you want to share files with.
- Navigate to www.samsung.com/us/kies/.
- Click on one of the following options:
- Download Kies (WINDOWS®)
- Download Kies (MAC®)
- In the search box, enter the word Kies and then click the Search icon.
- Click Samsung Kies.
- Click Save.
- Open the file you just downloaded.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish downloading and installing Kies on the computer.
More informationFor more information about using Samsung Kies, click on the following link:http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00029012&fm_seq=29180 Install the tethering driver
- Download and install Samsung Kies 2.0 on the computer you want to share your data connection with.
- On the computer, open Samsung Kies.
- Click Tools.
- Click Install driver.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete installation.
Tether Your TabletTo share your mobile data connection with a single computer by tethering, follow these steps:
- Connect your tablet to your computer using a USB cable.
- On your tablet, from any Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Settings.Under the Wireless and networks category, tap More settings then tap Tethering and Mobile HotSpot.
- Tap to select the USB tethering check box.
- Your tablet is now sharing its mobile network data connection with your computer via the USB connection.