Learn how to use the task manager and free up memory on the BlackBerry Bold 9780.
To manage the internal memory, follow these steps:
- Restart the device regularly.
- Use the task manager to close running programs. (See below)
A task manager can view running apps and close them. To use the task manager, follow these steps:
- On the Home screen, press and hold the Alt key.
- While holding the Alt key, tap the Back Arrow to scroll through open applications.
- Highlight the desired application and release the Alt key to bring that application to the front of the screen.
- To close the application, press the Menu key and select Close.
View free memory
To view the amount of free internal memory, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, select Options.
- Scroll to and select Device.
- Scroll to and select Device and Status Information.
- View the Free Memory.