To update the software to v03.90 by downloading the NSU application from the Nokia Web site, you must have:
- A USB data cable to connect the phone to a computer (does not ship with phone).
- A computer that meets the following requirements:
- USB port
- Windows Vista, or Windows XP (SP1 or later), or Windows 2000 (SP4 or later)
- 1 GHz or higher Pentium-compatible processor
- 256 MB memory or more
- Administrative rights while installing
- High-speed Internet connection
Note: For support on any part of the NSU application, please contact the Nokia Contact Center at 1-888-665-4228.
- On the phone: from the main screen, enter *#0000# (star, pound, zero, zero, zero, zero, pound) to verify the software version.
- If the software version is v03.60, the fix will work for you with the USB data cable and computer requirements listed above.
- Perform one of the following.
- If you have a USB cable (does not ship with the phone) and a computer that will work, download the NSU application from http://www.nokiausa.com/softwareupdate.
- If you do NOT have a USB cable or a computer to download the software, you are ineligible to upgrade the device.
To update using the NSU application, follow these steps:
- Download the NSU application from http://www.nokiausa.com/softwareupdate.
- Follow the instructions on the Nokia Web site to download the NSU application.
- Back up all important information on the phone.
- The NSU software fix will delete all data (for example, contacts, images, games, etc.) from the phone memory. Suggest downloading the Nokia PC suite for creating a backup.
- Plug the USB data cable into the phone and into a USB port on the computer.
- The phone displays, “USB data cable connected”.
- On the phone, select Nokia Mode.
- On the computer, double-click the Nokia Software Updater Setup file that was downloaded.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- After the NSU update is complete, on the phone’s main screen, enter *#0000# (star, pound, zero, zero, zero, zero, pound) to verify that the software has been updated to v03.90.
- If there is a malfunction after the software update, repeat the update process.