Learn how to wipe the Kyocera HydroXTRM using the hardware keys. If the device is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the device storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
Wipe cache partition
- Back up all necessary data that is on the internal memory.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Down key.
- Continue to hold the Volume Down and press and hold the Power key.
- Release only the Power key after the phone has vibrated and the first Kyocera screen appears.
- Continue to hold the Volume Down key through an additional Kyocera screen until the Android system recovery screen appears.
- Release the Volume Down key.
- Use the Volume keys to scroll to wipe data cache partition and press the Power key to select.
- Once the wipe has completed, use the Volume Down key to highlight and select reboot device now. The phone will restart.