Learn how to use the Mobile Device Unlockcode of the Blackberry Curve 8520
SIM unlock phone
The Mobile Device Unlock code allows the device to use a SIM card from another wireless carrier. This may be necessary when traveling internationally. To enter the Mobile Device Unlock code, follow these steps:
Important: Stop if you receive an error message. The device may lock permanently if you enter the incorrect code multiple times.
- See if your phone is eligible to unlock: Mobile Wireless Device Unlocking.
- Contact Customer Care to request the Mobile Device Unlock code for your phone.
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Scroll to and select the Manage Connections icon.
- Select Turn All Connections Off.
- Press the red End key.
- Scroll to and select the Options icon.
- Scroll to and select Advanced Options.
- Scroll to and select SIM Card.
- Enter MEPD (the letters will not appear on the screen as you type).
- Hold Alt and enter MEP2 (the letters will not appear on the screen as you type).
- Enter the unlock code.
- Turn off the device.
- Turn on the device.