Learn how to wipe the T-Mobile Sidekick 4G through the hardware keys.
Wipe cache partition
If the phone is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the phone storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:
- Save any open files, and back up all necessary data on the internal memory if the device is responsive and can synchronize files.
- If the phone is plugged into the charger or USB cable, unplug it.
- Remove the battery.
- Re-insert the battery.
- Hold the Volume Up and Volume Down keys.
- Press and hold the the Power key while continuing to hold both Volume keys.
- Release the keys when the Samsung logo appears on the screen.
- Press the Volume Down key to scroll to delete all cache data.
- Press the Power key to select it.
- Wait for a few seconds as the phone clears information.
- Press the Power key to select reboot system now.
- Wait as the phone restarts.