Learn how to share your mobile internet with other devices using the T-Mobile Sidekick 4G.
Set up mobile hotspot
To set up or configure a mobile hotspot over Wi-Fi, follow these steps:
You can share the mobile data connection from your phone with up to five devices at once by turning your phone into a portable Wi-Fi hotspot(mobile access point).
When your phone is serving as a Wi-Fi hotspot for other devices, you cannot access the Internet on the phone itself.
For more information, go to www.android.com/tether#wifi.
Turn on / off mobile hotspot
To turn on or turn off a mobile hotspot over Wi-Fi, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Wireless and network.
- Tap Tethering and portable hotspot.
- Tap Mobile AP.
- Tap to select the Mobile AP check boxto enable or disable Wi-Fi sharing.
- View the warning that mobile data will not be available on your device while it is sharing.