Learn how to wipe the Samsung Gravity SMART through the hardware keys.
Wipe cache partition
If the phone is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the phone storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:
- Turn the device off.
- Slide open the phone.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Power key and the T key on the slide-out keyboard until the Android system recovery screen displays.
- Press the Volume key down to scroll to wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key to select.
- Wait a few moments while the phone clears the cache partition.
- Press the Volume key down to scroll to Reboot system now.
- Press the Power key to confirm.