Learn how to master reset the BlackBerry Curve 9315 through the menu or hardware keys.
Master reset from settings menu
A master reset (security wipe) restores the original factory settings and may delete your personal data on the internal storage, such as downloads, ringtones, images, apps, contacts, and Visual Voicemail.
To perform a security wipe, follow these steps.
Warning: You cannot stop the security wipe process after you start it. If you interrupt the reset process (by removing the battery), the reset process will continue after the device restarts.
Note: After performing a master reset you must re-link to any Internet e-mail accounts, such as Yahoo! and Gmail e-mail accounts.
- Back up all data on the internal memory and memory card.
- If necessary, select all All from the Home screen to expand the Applications panel.
- Scroll to the All panel and tap the Options icon.
- Scroll to and tap Security.
- Tap Security Wipe.
- To choose which data will be wiped, select or clear the check boxes next to the following options:
- Emails, Contacts, etc.
- User Installed Applications
- Media Card
- Enter blackberry in the text field.
- Tap Wipe Data.
Master reset with hardware keys
We're sorry, this feature is not available with your device.