Learn how to view free space and free up storage on the T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide.
To manage the internal storage space, follow these steps:
Keep managing any applications that you install to keep the system running properly:
- If you notice the device having some problems and you installed apps in the past few days, then uninstall all the new apps. Most device problems are actually caused by app errors.
- View other applications that are using storage or memory:
- When in Manage Applications settings, press Menu. Some devices may require you select All first to view all applications.
- Touch Sort by size.
- For apps that take up a lot of space, clear the application cache and data.
- For apps that continue to use a lot of your storage space, uninstall them by touching the app name, then Uninstall.
- Move some apps to the SD card or storage partition.
Note: Do not move: live wallpaper, widget apps, apps that use the notification bar, or apps that synchronize online. Some apps may not work correctly from SD card. Move unstable apps back to internal memory or upgrade to a new SD card (class 6 or above)
View free storage space
To view the amount of free internal storage, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch SD & Phone storage.
- Under Internal phone storage, view the Available space listed.