Learn how to use safe mode on the T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide through the hardware keys.
Turn on and use safe mode
Safe mode allows you to turn on the device with third-party apps disabled. Then you can easily remove all apps that may be causing a conflict or software problem.
To turn on safe mode and use it to fix app problems, follow these steps:
Turn off safe mode
To turn off safe mode, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Power key.
- Touch Power off.
- Remove the battery.
- Re-insert the battery.
- Press the Power key to turn on the device, but do not touch any keys during the restart.
If this does not work, see: Cannot turn off Safe mode: Android.
Note: Safe mode can automatically activate due to one of the below causes. You need to fix your cause and exit Safe mode to make calls, send and receive messages, or connect to the Internet.
- Third-party application or app cache prevents the device from starting properly
- Case or gel skin on device touches the keys
- Accidentally touching keys while device is starting, or keys get stuck
- Phone is connected to cable and encounters an error
- Device is rooted