Learn how to use the setup wizard on the T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide.
Prepare the battery and SIM card
Before using the device, you need to insert the battery and SIM card. To prepare the battery and SIM card, see these steps:
After turning on your device the first time, you may see a setup wizard to help you set up your device. To do this initial setup, follow these steps:
- Your phone first sets up GPRS/3G, Picture Message, and WAP connections automatically based on your T-Mobile SIM card.
- Read the introduction to your new T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide phone, and then tap Next.
- Slide your finger across the screen to choose a theme, and then tap Select.
- The following screens let you personalize your Home screen by adding widgets and short cuts such as email, calendar, music, and more. Select (by tapping) the items you want to add to the Home screen, and then tap Next to continue adding other items.
- Some phone features such as Weather require Google’s location service to automatically determine your current location. On the Use Google Location screen, you can choose whether to allow Google’s location service to collect information about your location and use your location for searches and other Google services. Clear or select the check boxes, and then tap Next. The phone then sets up your phone according to the choices you have made.
- After you are done selecting the items to add and location preferences, wait a few seconds for the phone to set up your Home screen.After the phone is done setting up your Home screen, do one of the following:
- Tap Continue or a setup item onscreen to continue setting up your phone. Tapping Continue takes you to setting up email accounts. Go to step 7 to learn how to set up your email accounts.
- Tap Home Screen to skip the remaining steps and go straight to the Home screen.
- On the Set up accounts screen, choose the type of account you want to set up and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the setup.
- To set up your Google Account, tap Google account > Next > Sign in, enter your Google Account details, and then tap Sign in.
- To learn how to set up POP3 and Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync accounts, see the "Accounts and sync" and "Email" chapters to learn how to set up these accounts. After setting up an account, you will be taken back to the Set up accounts screen so you can set up more accounts. When you are done setting up your accounts, tap Done.
- Tap I use Social Networks and want to sync them. On the Set up social networks screen,choose the type of social network account such as Facebook for HTC Sense and Twitter that you want to access from your phone. Follow the onscreen instructions to log in to your social network account. See the "Social" chapter for more information about Facebook for HTC Sense.After setting up an account, you will be taken back to the Set up social networks screen so you can set up more accounts. When you are done setting up your social network accounts,tap Done.
- Tap Set up my Faves to add contacts to your Faves. Refer to "Faves Gallery" in the T-Mobile Applications chapter to learn more about Faves.
- Tap Home Screen to go to the Home screen