Understanding the Update
The most recent T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide software update to software number 2.15.531.5 provides a security patch and improves software stability. The update is a tethered update available at www.HTC.com.
Note: If you cannot access the update at www.HTC.com, please click the following link, select save, and follow the instructions under Resolution Steps below: T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide software update.
See also: Check your software version.
- Android version 2.2 / Software number 2.15.531.5
Prerequisites for Tethered Update
- Android version 2.2.1 / Software number 2.15.531.5
- Tethered USB update
- Approved 8/10/2012
- Security patch
- Improved software stability
- Windows based PC with an active internet connection
- USB cable supplied with device
- Device is running Software number 1.27.531.1 or 1.35.531.1 or 2.15.531.3
- Device software is not rooted
- More than 50% battery life
- Task manager or task killers on device removed or turned off
- 250 MB available memory (File size of update is 24.2 MB)
- Android version 2.2 / Software number 2.15.531.3
- Android version 2.1-update 1 / Software number 1.35.531.1 and 1.27.531.1
Download update from HTC
Warning: Installing the ROM Update Utility (RUU) will delete all information and data on your Android phone. Back up your data before proceeding.
- Go to www.HTC.com to download and perform the update. The instructions below will also be available on HTC support.
- Please click the View ReadMe for complete instructions.
- On the Welcome screen, click Next to begin the RUU (tethered) installation.
- Put device into Fastboot mode
- Turn off the phone.
- Hold volume down and then press the power key to enter bootloader.
- When bootloader menu shows, press Power button to select Fastboot.
- Check the listed instructions in the dialog box and make sure you have done them. Click Next to proceed.
- A message will then be displayed indicating that the utility is verifying and acquiring information about the Android phone as preparation for the update process. Wait for this verification process to be finished.
- After the verification process, current information about the Android phone will be displayed. Click Update to proceed.
- Below the Android phone information, information about the current image version and the new image update version will be displayed. If you are sure that you want to install the new RUU, click Next to proceed.
- A confirmation message will appear and show the time it will take to install the necessary files (including radio image) to the Android phone. Click Next to begin the update. A progress bar will run through the screen during the update process.
Note: In the middle of the update process, the progress bar may stop moving. This is normal as the RUU is automatically adjusting itself to complete the update process.
- When you see the screen below, it means the RUU update is complete. Click Finish to exit the utility.