Learn how to use the task manager and free up memory on the BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300.
To manage the internal memory, follow the steps in Memory management: BlackBerry including:
- Restarting your device regularly.
- Closing unneeded applications.
- Monitoring and cleaning your memory regularly.
A task manager can view running apps and close them. To use the task manager, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, press and hold the ALT key + Escape key. A list of all open applications will appear on the screen.
- Continue to hold the ALT key, then release the Escape key.
- Scroll to the application that you want to close.
- Release the ALT key. The application opens.
- Press the Escape key to close the application.
Note: Always press the Escape key to exit applications to ensure they close properly.
View free memory
To view the amount of free internal memory, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, select Options.
- Scroll to and select Device.
- Scroll to and select Device and Status Information.
- View the Free Memory.