Learn how to use the Mobile Device Unlock code of the BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300.
SIM unlock phone
The Mobile Device Unlock code allows the device to use a SIM card from another wireless carrier. This may be necessary when traveling internationally. To enter the Mobile Device Unlock code, follow these steps:
Important: Stop if you receive an error message. The device may lock permanently if you enter the incorrect code multiple times.
- See if your phone is eligible to unlock: Mobile Wireless Device Unlocking.
- Contact Customer Care to request the Mobile Device Unlock code for your phone.
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Scroll to and select Open Tray.
- Scroll to and select Manage Connections.
- Select Turn All Connections Off.
- Press the red End key.
- From the Home screen, scroll to and select All.
- Scroll to and select Options.
- Scroll to and select Device.
- Scroll to and select Advanced System Settings.
- Scroll to and select SIM Card.
- Enter MEPD (the letters will not appear on the screen as you type).
- Enter MEP2 (the letters will not appear on the screen as you type).
- Note: To enter the number 2, press Alt + E/2.
- Alternatively, Hold Alt and enter MEP2.
- Enter the unlock code.
- Turn off the device.
- Turn on the device.