Family Allowances® enables you to manage allowed numbers, minutes, messages, and downloads for all lines on your account. Family Allowance settings do not work over Wi-Fi or with Wi-Fi calling.
- By default the Parent Line is the Primary Account Holder.
- After adding Family Allowances, you can designate a Parent Line in the Family Controls section of your account profile.
- The Parent Line and the Primary Account Holder are both authorized to manage allowances for all account lines.
- The other family members (managed lines) on your account can view their individual allowances, but they don't have permissions to change allowance settings.
- Shows the amount spent on calls per account line for the current billing cycle.
- You can set a talk time limit for all calls, except for Always Allowed® numbers which can be reached anytime.
- Shows the total number of messages sent and received per account line for the current billing cycle.
- You can set the number of text messages a line can receive and send.
- Shows the amount spent on downloads per account line for the current billing cycle.
- Use a current allowance to specify the amount of money allowed to spend on any downloads (games, apps, and more).
- Billing purchases from the Play Store or App Store to your T-Mobile account is blocked while Family Allowances is active. You can still use a credit card or prepaid card to purchase from these stores.
- You can allow or block when your children (managed lines) can use their devices during preset time periods, such as during school (9 a.m.-2 p.m.), during homework or dinner time (4-9 p.m.), or when they should be sleeping (9-11 p.m. and 11 p.m.-6 a.m.).
- The preset time slots are based on when most people commonly use their phones.
- Managed lines can always send and receive calls and messages to and from Always Allowed numbers, even after allowances are reached or during blocked times.
Allowed and not allowed numbers
- Add a maximum of 10 numbers to each list. The following don't count toward the 10-number maximum: 411, 611, and 911.
- Use Always Allowed numbers to always allow calls and message from specific numbers regardless of restrictions or allowance limits.
- Don't forget to add your voicemail-retrieval number as an Always Allowed number for lines with allowances or restrictions, so voicemail (as an outbound call) can be accessed regardless of allowances or restrictions.
- Use Never Allowed® numbers to always block calls and messages from a specified list of 10-digit numbers.
- You can also select to block 411 (information), which only restricts dialing 411 and doesn't restrict dialing 555-1212 or any 800 numbers for directory assistance.
- You can't add international numbers to the Always Allowed or Never Allowed lists.
- All Family Allowances settings work on your account while roaming in T-Mobile's network.
- If you're roaming off of T-Mobile's network, all Family Allowance settings won't work and standard roaming charges apply.
To manage your Family Allowances, click the button below.