Learn how to use the Mobile Device Unlock code of the T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide.
SIM unlock phone
The Mobile Device Unlock code allows the device to use a SIM card from another wireless carrier. This may be necessary when traveling internationally. To enter the Mobile Device Unlock code, follow these steps:
Important: Stop if you receive an error message. The device may lock permanently if you enter the incorrect code multiple times.
- See if your phone is eligible to unlock: Mobile Wireless Device Unlocking.
- Contact Customer Care to request the Mobile Device Unlock code for your phone.
- From the Home screen, touch the Phone icon.
- Obtain the phone’s International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number by typing *#06#.
- Contact T-Mobile and request a SIM subsidy unlock code. Note: You will be asked to provide your IMEI number.
- Insert a non-T-Mobile SIM card into the phone.
- Enter the following code into the phone: 7465625*638*UnlockCode#.
Note: If the process is successful, you will see the following message: Network unlock successful. If the process is NOT successful, check that the IMEI number is correct before proceeding.