Learn how to view free space and free up storage on the BlackBerry Bold 9700.
To manage the internal storage space, follow these steps:
Clear storage regularly
Note: Clear storage at least once per week.
- Check the available internal device storage (see 'View free storage space' below).
It must be over 5 MB for your device. The BlackBerry system cannot work properly if the internal device storage is below 5 MB. If under 5 MB, use the following tips to clear more storage:
- Delete unnecessary text messages (SMS) and picture messages (MMS).
- Transfer pictures and media to a computer to remove them from the phone memory.
- Clear the browser cache, cookies, or history.
- Manage applications. See section below.
- Delete the call logs.
Monitor new applications that you install.
- If your device starts having problems after installing an application, consider uninstalling the application.
- Consider uninstalling apps using large amounts of ROM.
- From any Home screen, tap the All.
- From any Home screen, tap All
- Tap the BlackBerry World icon.
- Scroll to and tap My World.
- Tap the icon in the upper right-hand corner with the letter A and an up arrow.
- Tap File Size.
- The largest applications will be at the top of the list. Tap and application and tap Delete to uninstall.
See also: Memory management: BlackBerry
View free storage space
To view the amount of free internal storage, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, select Options.
- Scroll to and select Device.
- Scroll to and select Device and Status Information.
- View the Free Memory.