Learn how to master reset the BlackBerry Bold 9700 through the menu or hardware keys.
Master reset from settings menu
A master reset restores the original factory settings and may delete your personal data on the internal storage, such as downloads, ringtones, images, apps, contacts, and Visual Voicemail. It does not delete data stored on the SIM card or SD card.
To perform a master reset, follow these steps:
- Back up all data on the internal memory.
- From the Home screen, scroll to and select All.
- Scroll to and select Options.
- Scroll to and select Security.
- Scroll to and select Security Wipe.
- Select or clear the check boxes next to the following options:
- Emails, Contacts, etc.
- User Installed Applications
- Media Card
- Scroll to the text field and enter blackberry.
- Scroll to and select Wipe Data.
Master reset with hardware keys
We're sorry, this feature is not available on your device.