Message Blocking is a free T-Mobile service that allows you to block messages to and from your phone, to help you avoid unwanted messages. The Primary Account Holder can add or remove the Message Blocking.
If getting the error 'Message Blocking Active' when messaging, see Text message (SMS) troubleshooting.
Add or remove Message Blocking
If you're the Primary Account Holder, you can add or remove Message Blocking on My T-Mobile or through the T-Mobile App. Learn how to add or remove Message Blocking on your account.
Things you should know:
- You can block incoming and outgoing text messages (SMS), picture messages (MMS), Instant Messages (IM), and email.
- Messaging Blocking is intended to block all messages, not to prevent overages.
- Message Blocking will block text and picture messages even if you have a messaging feature on your account.
- Message Blocking won't block instant messages or email on Windows Mobile or BlackBerry phones.
Messages that are not blocked with Message Blocking
- Free messages from third-party providers sent to notify you of purchased content
- Standard rated messages from short codes
- Voicemail notifications
- Wireless Emergency Alerts
- Service notifications
- Email sent to and from your @tmomail.net address
Report spam text messages
Spam is unsolicited text messages sent indiscriminately to your mobile phone. It can be a simple text message, a number to call, a link to a website for more information, or a link to a website to download an app.
If you receive text message spam, report them to T-Mobile:
- Forward the message to 7726 (which spells "SPAM" on most phone keypads).
- You’ll receive an automated message asking you to reply with the 10-digit phone number of the original sender.
- After you submit the sender's phone number, we'll reply to confirm we've received the number.
Block messages from a specific number
You can block messages from a specific number by adding Family Allowances to your account. Once Family Allowances is added, you can change your settings to block messages from a specific number.