Message Blocking is a free T-Mobile service that lets you to block messages to and from your phone to help you avoid unwanted messages.
Add or remove Message Blocking
Only the Primary Account Holder, you can add or remove Message Blocking on My T-Mobile or through the T-Mobile App. Learn how to add or remove Message Blocking on your account.
- Messaging Blocking is used to block all messages, not to prevent overages.
- Messages types you can block:
- Text messages (SMS)
- Picture messages (MMS)
- Instant Messages (IM)
- The service will block text and picture messages even if you have a messaging feature on your account.
Messages that are not blocked with Message Blocking
- Free messages from third-party providers sent to notify you of purchased content
- Standard rated messages from short codes
- Voicemail notifications
- Wireless Emergency Alerts
- Service notifications
- Email sent to and from your @tmomail.net address
- Instant messages or email on Windows Mobile or BlackBerry devices
Report spam text messages
Spam is unsolicited text messages sent to your mobile phone. It can be a simple text message, a number to call, a link to a website for more information, or a link to a website to download an app.
If you get text message spam, report it to T-Mobile:
- Forward the message to 7726.
- You’ll get an automated message that asks you to reply with the 10-digit phone number of the original sender.
- After you submit the sender's phone number, you'll get confirmation that we've received the spam number.
Block messages from a specific number
To block messages from a specific number, add Family Allowances to your account. Family Allowances lets you to manage allowed numbers, minutes, messages, and downloads for all lines on your account.
Message Blocking Active error message
If you see a Message Blocking Active error when messaging, see Text message troubleshooting.