Message Blocking is a free T-Mobile service that allows you to block messages to and from your phone, to help you avoid unwanted messages. The Primary Account Holder can add or remove the Message Blocking.
Add or remove Message Blocking
If you're having trouble finding Message Blocking when following the steps for changing your services, contact T-Mobile Customer Service.
Things you should know:
- You can block incoming and outgoing text messages (SMS), picture messages (MMS), Instant Messages (IM), and email.
- Messaging Blocking is intended to block all messages, not to prevent overages.
- Message Blocking will block text and picture messages even if you have a messaging feature on your account.
- Message Blocking won't block instant messages or email on Windows Mobile or BlackBerry phones.
Messages that are not blocked with Message Blocking
- Free messages from third-party providers sent to notify you of purchased content
- Standard rated messages from short codes
- Voicemail notifications
- Wireless Emergency Alerts
- Service notifications
- Email sent to and from your @tmomail.net address
Block messages from a specific number
You can block messages from a specific number by adding Family Allowances to your account. Once Family Allowances is added, you can change your settings to block messages from a specific number.