Learn how to use the Mobile Device Unlock code of the T-Mobile Sonic 4G Mobile HotSpot.
SIM unlock phone
The Mobile Device Unlock code allows the device to use a SIM card from another wireless carrier. This may be necessary when traveling internationally. To enter the Mobile Device Unlock code, follow these steps:
Important: Stop if you receive an error message. The device may lock permanently if you enter the incorrect code multiple times.
- See if your phone is eligible to unlock: Mobile Wireless Device Unlocking.
- Contact Customer Care to request the Mobile Device Unlock code for your phone.
- Place the non-T-Mobile SIM card into the Mobile HotSpot.
- Open a Web browser and navigate to http://mobile.hotspot, or use the T-Mobile HotSpot Admin shortcut to access the T-Mobile HotSpot Admin page.
- Click Settings > Security > Unlock Device.
- Enter the unlock code into the field labeled Device Unlock code.
- Click Apply.