Learn how to use the Mobile Device Unlock code of the T-Mobile G2x.
SIM unlock phone
The Mobile Device Unlock code allows the device to use a SIM card from another wireless carrier. This may be necessary when traveling internationally. To enter the Mobile Device Unlock code, follow these steps:
Important: Stop if you receive an error message. The device may lock permanently if you enter the incorrect code multiple times.
- See if your phone is eligible to unlock: Mobile Wireless Device Unlocking.
- Contact Customer Care to request the Mobile Device Unlock code for your phone.
- Insert a NON T-Mobile SIM & turn Device on.
- The Device will automatically prompt you to enter code into an empty field.
- Tap in the empty field above the Unlock & Dismiss options (this will display a key pad on the screen).
- Using the key pad input the Unlock Code provided by T-Mobile.
- Press the Back button to remove the keyboard from screen.
- Tap the Unlock option; handset displays Network Unlock Successful.