Learn how to wipe the Huawei Summit through the hardware keys.
Wipe cache partition
If the phone is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the phone storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:
- Remove the battery and then put the battery back in.
- Press the Power key and the Volume up key simultaneously. Hold for eight seconds.
- Using the Volume key, scroll to Wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key.
- When the message "Cache wipe complete" appears, scroll to reboot system now.
- Press the Power key to reboot.