Wi-Fi Calling allows you to make and receive calls, access unlimited high-speed data, and send and receive messages over a wireless Internet connection.
Using Wi-Fi Calling is easy! Simply connect to an available Wi-Fi network and enable Wi-Fi Calling on your device.
Set up Wi-Fi Calling
To use Wi-Fi Calling, you need a supported T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling-capable devices For information about setting up Wi-Fi Calling on your device, check out the How-to guides for your device on the Device tutorials page.
Non T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling-capable devices
Wi-Fi Calling is available on non-T-Mobile iPhone 5c, 5s, 6, 6 Plus and newer on iOS 8 or later. When a T-Mobile SIM card is inserted into these iPhones, the device receives the T-Mobile Carrier Bundle and Wi-Fi calling options become available.
- Not available on iPhone 5 or older devices, even with iOS 8 or later.
- Not available on other non T-Mobile devices.
- Some manufacturers state their devices have T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling (for example, Nexus 5x and 6p). T-Mobile doesn't sell them and hasn't tested them for compatibility, so we can't verify compatibility with these devices.
Note: Dealers and National Retailers may have some devices that aren't Wi-Fi calling capable, such as the Nexus 5.
Before you use Wi-Fi Calling, you also need to make sure that you set up your e911 address, as your location may not be automatically available to the dispatcher if you need to call 911. Learn how to set up your e911 address.
How Wi-Fi calls and messages are billed
To avoid incurring data roaming charges, make sure that you disable data roaming when traveling internationally. For more information, see International roaming services.
International calls and messages to the U.S.
With unlimited plans like T-Mobile ONE™ and Simple Choice™, all incoming calls, all incoming messages, and outgoing calls or messages to U.S. numbers over Wi-Fi Calling are free.
If you have a plan that doesn't offer unlimited calling, calls made over Wi-Fi Calling count against your plan minutes. For Pay In Advance prepaid lines, calls made over Wi-Fi deduct from the plan bucket just like regular calls.
International calls and messages to non-U.S. countries
- Calls: Wi-Fi calls placed to international numbers are subject to the following:
- If you have a T-Mobile ONE or Simple Choice rate plan:
- If you don't have a T-Mobile ONE or Simple Choice rate plan, Wi-Fi calls made to other countries are charged at World Class Calling rates.
- Messages: SMS/MMS messages you send over Wi-Fi internationally while roaming (that is, to an international number from a country other than the U.S.) are subject to the following:
- $0 if the messages are sent while roaming in a Simple Global country
- $0.50 if the messages are sent while roaming in a non-Simple Global country
When roaming outside the U.S., using VPN may connect you to countries not included in the Simple Global Country list. So even if your location is in a Simple Globabl country, you may be charged World Class rates.
You'll still receive the standard Welcome SMS when VPN connects to another country through your device, and you must enable data by dialing #RON#.