With the Equipment Installment Plan (EIP), the device of your dreams is within reach!
EIP is a payment option available for new and existing qualified customers on selected rate plans. This plan allows you to purchase a new phone or device and pay for it over time with monthly payments.
Find out if you're eligible for EIP and what your down payment and monthly installments will be.
- Go to My T-Mobile and log in to your account.
- Select SHOP.
- Check the Upgrade your device section to find the eligibility status for the selected line. If eligible, select UPGRADE.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to shop for a new device and view the payment options.
Note: We may require a down payment when you purchase a new device. If you want to make a larger down payment, you need to purchase your phone through T-Mobile Customer Service or at a T-Mobile retail store. After any required down payment, the remaining balance is divided into 24 installment payments on your monthly bill.
The EIP requires a 24-month financing agreement. Although this finance agreement is required, you can pay off all or part of your EIP balance at any time.
Things to keep in mind:
- The down payment amount doesn't appear on your bill. You can find this charge on your T-Mobile in-store receipt, or on your credit card statement.
- Prepaid plans and certain rate plans, account types, and business accounts aren't eligible for EIPs.
- Certain credit restrictions may apply.
- If the purchase price of the device exceeds the credit you’re offered, then your down payment will include the difference between the purchase price and the credit limit.
- If you have a current Extended Payment Schedule, you're not eligible for EIP until that is paid off.
- If you cancel your T-Mobile wireless service before paying off your EIP balance, the remaining balance of your EIP becomes due on cancellation.
Besides using the EIP program for purchasing a mobile device, you can also use it to purchase accessories, as long as you have met the minimum total purchase price of $69.99.
- Purchases made through our online store may be eligible for EIPs when you check out with at least $69.99 in accessories AND a new line of service.
We might require a down payment for certain EIP accessory purchases, such as a total accessory purchase of more than $250 (after discount, per line, per transaction).
Electronic Signature (e-Signature) is the legal equivalent of a written signature. When you purchase a device on EIP, your order isn’t complete until you e-Sign your EIP agreement. If you placed your order through T-Mobile.com or My T-Mobile, you are required to sign electronically at the time of purchase.
The e-Signature Authorization is sent to the email address you provided for "t-mobile-sign-your-eip." If you don’t receive the email, check your spam folder. If 24 hours have passed and you've still not received the e-Signature Authorization email, contact us. Your order will be canceled if you don’t e-Sign your agreement within 48 hours.
If you order a new device with EIP through 1-800-T-MOBILE, T-Mobile.com, or My.T-Mobile, and have one of the following mobile devices, you can review and approve the handset agreement in English from your device:
You can make an EIP payment or see your EIP balance several ways:
From your mobile device with the T-Mobile app
- Open the app. If you don't have it, download it now.
- Select Billing & Payments.
- Select Pay or View Device Balance.
- In Active Equipment Installment Plans (EIP), you can view your EIP balance.
- Select MAKE A PAYMENT and follow the onscreen steps to pay part or all of the balance. T-Mobile sends an email receipt confirming your payment.
From your computer
- Go to My T-Mobile and log in to your account.
- Select Billing.
- From the Bill Summary, scroll down to Charges Summary.
- Select View bill details.
- From the Installment plans tile, select View details.
- Select the + next to the device or accessory. Select Make a Payment.
- Enter the payment amount and payment details. Select Next.
- Review payment information.
- If you agree, select "I agree to terms and conditions."
- Select Submit. T-Mobile sends you an e-mail receipt confirming your payment.
Note: Your extra payments don't reduce your monthly installment; instead, they reduce the number of installments left to pay.
Cancel an EIP purchase
- If you don't want to proceed with an EIP order, and you haven't submitted your e-Signature Authorization, no action is needed. When the authorization expires, the order is automatically canceled, and you'll receive an email confirming that your order was canceled.
- If you've already submitted your e-Signature Authorization, your order is being processed. You can contact T-Mobile Customer Service at 1-800-897-9337 to cancel your pending order up until the point it has successfully shipped.
- If you receive an unwanted order, refuse the delivery.
- If you’ve already taken delivery of the new device, contact us at 1-800-937-8997 for information on return shipping.
Return an EIP purchase
You can return items purchased on the EIP following T-Mobile’s Return Policy.