Learn how to share your mobile data connection over a USB cable using the T-Mobile G-Slate.
Connection icons for tethering
When your device is sharing the mobile internet connection, refer to the following:
|Tethering via USB is turned on|
|Tethering via USB and Mobile Hotspot are both turned on|
Drivers for computers
To download and install device drivers for computers, follow these steps:
Tethering works with Windows® 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista®,and Linux. For more information on tethering with operating systems, visit www.android.com/tether.
For Windows XP, you must install the appropriate driver on your computer before you can tether. To install the driver, go to
When you connect your device to your computer with the USB cable, you can either tether or access files on the memory card but you cannot do both. If you want to use your computer to access the memory card, then you must first turn off tethering.
Tethering via USB
To connect the device internet to a computer via USB cable, follow these steps:
- Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
- On your device, from any Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Wireless & networks.
- Tap Tethering & portable hotspot.
- Tap to select the USB tethering check box.
- Your device starts sharing its mobile network data connection with your computer via the USB connection.