If your new phone doesn't meet your expectations, you can return it by following the steps below.
Things to keep in mind
- You have 14 days from the date of purchase to return devices purchased from a T-Mobile store or from Customer Care, and 20 days for devices purchased from T-Mobile.com.
- All personal information should be removed from the phone before you complete the return.
- To receive full credit for your purchase price (less any rebates), please return the phone plus all associated original contents, undamaged and in good working condition.
- If you also want to cancel T-Mobile service, contact Customer Service within three days of receiving the phone.
- If you are looking for information on how to send us your current device as part of a trade-in offer, see Trade in your device.
- Refunds may take up to 30 days from the date that T-Mobile receives the device.
- A restocking fee may be charged for devices returned to a T-Mobile store.
Return a phone purchased at a store
Follow these steps to return a phone purchased at a T-Mobile Retail location.
- You can return your phone to any T-Mobile store for a refund (less any discounts, rebates, or restocking fees).
- Use T-Mobile.com or the T-Mobile app to find the nearest store.
- Bring proof of purchase with you since it is required for in-store returns.
Return a phone purchased through Customer Care or T-Mobile Self Service
To return a phone you ordered through Customer Service, the T-Mobile App, My T-Mobile, or T-Mobile.com, contact T-Mobile Customer Service.
If any items (a) are returned after the specified return period, (b) have been physically damaged, modified, or damaged by liquids, or (c) are missing any parts, then you will not be eligible for, and you will not receive, any credit on your purchase price. In addition, accessories returned after the specified return period will not be returned to you.