If you're having issues with your device and troubleshooting isn't helping, it's time to contact us.
Resolution and warranty options
- We have easy to follow troubleshooting steps that fix most device issues.
- Call us at 1-800-937-8997 to talk to an expert if you still need help.
- If possible, call from a different device so we can work on your issue.
- T-Mobile stores can help you reach Care, but aren't equipped to fix or immediately replace devices.
- If the device is beyond repair we'll need to know more about the phone:
- Where and when did you buy it?
- What kind of condition is it in?
- Do you have Protection<360> or Device Protection?
- We'll then figure out which of the below replacement options is the best option.
Customer Care can have your replacement device sent to the retail location of your choice.
- When the device is at the store, we'll text or email you (whatever you prefer).
- Back up your device and remove personal information from the phone. We can help you with this, too.
- You have 14 days to pick up the device, or the exchange will be canceled.
- You must bring a photo ID and the defective device to the store.
- The device will be inspected in the store for damage.This prevents unexpected fees.
- Once a retail rep takes your device, you can't be charged a non-return fee.
- If the device is found to be damaged we'll cancel the exchange instead of charging you for the device.
Once you get the replacement device in the mail:
- Remove your replacement device. Notice it's just the device, no accessories or extras.
- A return label with shipping and tracking details will be located under the shipping label or in the box.
- Use the box, label, and packing foam included to safely package only the defective device.
Important: Do not include the back cover, battery, memory card, SIM card, charger or anything else you don't want to lose.
- Apply the "tamper-evident box seal" horizontally over the box opening for security.
- Mail the defective device within 7 days.
- You will be charged a non-refundable fee if:
- You do not mail the device within 7 days.
- You mail us a different device.
- The device has physical or liquid damage.
Common reasons a device is out of warranty:
- The original warranty expired over time.
- The device was bought off a third party, like a friend or re-seller.
- There is liquid or physical damage.
Always check for damage! If we receive a damaged device your account will be charged a fee.
Out of warranty replacement options
If your device is damaged, was not purchased from T-Mobile, or is outside of warranty: