Learn how to use the task manager and free up memory on the T-Mobile SpringBoard.
To manage the internal memory, follow these steps:
Restart device regularly
Note: You should restart your phone at least once per day.
- Press and hold the Power key.
- Tap Restart.
Reduce memory use
Note: If your phone is running slow, then you can reduce the amount of memory it is using.
- Remove widgets (Animated widgets and widgets that update information use the most memory)
- From the desired Home screen, touch and hold on the widget.
- Drag the widget over the Trash can icon and release your finger.
- Replace a Live wallpaper
- From any Home screen, tap Apps and then tap Set wallpaper.
- Tap Home screen.
Note: Tap Home and lock screen if you set a Live wallpaper to the lock screen.
- Tap either Gallery or Wallpapers.
- Follow the prompts to set a new wallpaper that replaces the current Live wallpaper.
- Remove unused Home screens
- From any Home screen tap the Menu key and then tap Edit page.
- Touch and hold on the Home screen to be deleted.
- Drag your finger (and the Home screen) over the Trash can icon and release your finger.
Note: Manage your applications to keep your device running smoothly.
- Research and monitor new applications that you install
- Read Play Store application reviews before installing. Not all applications run smoothly on phones. Read customer reviews before downloading an application to see if it has a history of not working properly.
- If your device starts having problems after installing an application, consider uninstalling the application (See below: 'Uninstall third-party applications.'
- Keep applications updated
- From any Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Play Store.
- Tap the Menu key and then tap My Apps.
Note: To keep your apps automatically updated, tap the Menu key, tap Settings, and then tap Auto-update apps to select the check box.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Tap Update [xx] to update all applications with updates available.
- Tap an individual application and then tap Update to update a single application.
- Uninstall third-party applications (see 'Uninstall App')
- Clear application cache and data (see 'Clear app cache and data')
- Never install a third-party Task Manager or Battery Manager
- These applications interfere with how Android works
We’re sorry, but this feature is not available on this device.
View free memory
To view the amount of free internal memory, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap Apps.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Storage.
- Under Internal Storage, view one or more of the following options:
- Total space
- Pictures, Videos