Learn how to customize text entry and default keyboard settings on the Samsung Gravity Q.
Change default keyboard
This device is equipped with a slide-out keyboard. We're sorry, but changing the default on-screen keyboard is not available on this device.
Enter symbols & numbers
To enter symbols and numbers with the keyboard, follow these steps:
Using the on-screen keyboard
- In any text field, tap the Keyboard mode key.
Note: The Keyboard mode key can display T9Ab, ABC, T9ab, or EMO.
- Scroll to and select one of the following:
- Tap the keys to enter symbols or numbers as necessary.
- To return to a letter keyboard, tap the Keyboard mode key again and select the desired keyboard.
Using the slide-out keyboard in landscape view
- In any text field, press the Alt key.
- Press the key containing the symbol or number you want to use.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 as necessary.
- To see an on-screen table of symbols, press the Sym key.
- Press the Up and Down keys to browse more symbols.
Text entry mode
To change the text entry or predictive text mode, follow these steps:
- In any text field, slide the keyboard out.
- Tap More.
- Scroll to and select one of the following options:
- Predictive text on
- Predictive text off
Turn on / off haptic feedback
We're sorry, but haptic feedback is not available on this device.